It has been seen the world over that very successful people are not more talented or intelligent than you. The difference between them and you is that have learn to do things differently and more efficiently. Here are some practical ideas which will prove beneficial if one is starting a business.
- Customer Analysis: In any business the customer is always right and the customer always comes first. So it is always best to find out what the customer wants. The second way is to customize the customer by finding about his age, income and job. In that way one will know what to sell to him or her. One should also find out why the customer is coming regularly to your store only. Is it because of the service, discount offered, and convenience, quality of the product or competence of your staff?
Also find out areas where and what the customer is looking for like special size, wider selection and range, lower prices and convenient hours. Another way to attract customers is to give them unique products so that they return for more of them. It is always good to keep a questionnaire for the customer so that one gets his views that will be helpful in the business. In this way even lost customers can be brought back. Bring in changes in the shop and the product to attract more and more customers.
- Customer Relations; Over here we need to stress on the customer relationship which is the most important in any business. If any regular customer insists on a cash refund it is better to agree to the customer. In this way one can offer a no hassle sales guarantee to the customer. To expand the business one can start accepting all credit cards as most customers do not like to shop with money.
- One very important aspect which normally looks overlooked is the customers’ complaint. If it can be sorted out on the spot it will do wonders for the business. One must train the staff as to how to deal with the customers in a professional manner. A very big way in increasing sales is to inform the valuable customer that new products have arrived. A clean wash room will help a lot if one wants the customer to stay on for a longer period of time.
- Management skills in Business: To increase business one must advertise and use urgency techniques so as to motivate customers to buy now.try attracting the customers with new products, new schemes, new offers. One can use the media for advertising as well as the newspaper or even direct mail. One must create more opportunities so that the customer comes more often to the shop.
- Use different ways to arrange and display the products that comes especially the new arrivals should be boldly displayed to get the maximum benefit. It is very beneficial that in the world of computers one computerizes the business to stream line sales and everyday tasks such as point of sale, inventory control and overall business analysis at the end of the day.